View Single Post
      03-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Nice job ! but you didn't show how to reinstall the 2 gaskets underneath on the downpipes and whats the torque value of the copper nuts that hold the mid pipe to the downpipe bracket.Ok I see the values in your list

Like you said I did mine with the DMEs in place bungee cords holding them open to the hood shocks worked great ,I didn't remove the PCV valves or the power steering reservoir,I was scared to remove the DMEs lol,looked like so many plugs

That was a good idea for the heat shield,I ran into that problem but I just cut the bottom of the cup off and reinstalled it just to look like its in there threaded the 02 sensor directly into the downpipe , I might get a turbo blanket for that spot anyway

Those bottom nuts I didn't know the torque value,so to compress the new gasket it feels like its getting tight and I was nervous I would snap one of the studs ,but I kept going equal on each side until they were snug you can feel them bottom out < i will retorque them when I change my oil next time

I never changed the gaskets in the turbo housing ,I didn't even know they were there ,I guess they just pop out and press new ones in there??
You didn't put the part number for these

Thanks for the vid Im sure it will help the DIY guy
Can you make a step by step vid on how to change the coil packs and spark plugs ? Thanks
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0