04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #56
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
While I accept there is a place in the market for the M5. The M6 GC is a huge wate of sheet metal.

It offers no difference from the M5, costs more and will sell 1/10th the volume.

All this big talk of faster, lighter, pinnacle of design, blah blah is just rubbish.

Its fat, heavy, long and ugly. I challenge all the fanboys to lay down their cash and buy one first.

M5 is nicer car in ever way and is over $10 000 cheaper.

Is the M6 GC exclusive, I'll give you that.

A labotomy is pretty exclusive too.

BMW has lost their way and every new lost design coming out proves it. Next the 3GC, X4, 2 series, X7, M7 Series....

Sad for a car maker with such a great past of motorsport design and history. Its a great marketing company now, just like Apple....
In the main, I agree with you. When the 6GC was first introduced, I liked it. When I saw the pricing and that it's not so different from the 5 series, other than sheet metal and price, I was disappointed, enough that I'm definitely not going to buy a 6G, in any guise, M or otherwise.

At some point I will replace my E92 with something. I'd once thought that something would be the 6GC. Now, it'll more likely be the standard 6 coupe or a 4 series, maybe even a 2 series. I've long felt that BMW's sweet spot is with small, sporty cars, and not large, luxury ones. That the 6GC is just an F10 variation reinforces my opinion in my mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0