View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #46
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
floridaorange, imo the BMW X3 is not the car for the parameters you have given. While my wife and I enjoy her G01, because of its narrow-ish seat width, it is not for older and larger people. There are many posts on this in the G01 forum, regarding seat comfort. Generally smaller people find the seats enjoyable, generally larger people do not.

Shockandawe, the M176 Mercedes 3.5L V6 gasoline engine is well proven in the GLE. Reading the Mercedes forums will support this.

The W166 GLE platform is now a few years old, and is solid. The 7G-Tronic transmission has been around for a while, is used in multiple platforms and is robust. Now is a good time to buy a low miles example, because the 2020 model year is a new platform for the GLE. Lease turn-ins and dealer leftovers should be available for the next 6-12 months at attractive pricing.

Avoid M-B air suspensions and diesel engines. Mercedes has the same diesel problems as Volkswagen had/is having. I had a dieselgate VW Touareg, and reading the M-B user experiences is like reliving the Touareg experience.

The GLC is a good vehicle, but didn't fit my needs for towing, another nice thing about the GLE. My wife and I shopped the GLC, Lexus NX and G01 X3, and she chose the X3.
Why would you avoid Diesel? Its the best engine you can get for SUV
Appreciate 0