View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 08:16 PM   #15
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

as someone who was an NSX fanboy from the first time I saw one in the early 90's as a youngster and lucky enough to have three of them over the last 18 years it was time for something else with more of todays tech but still be a naturally aspirated V6 in the right spot(mid engine) ...the 981 Cayman fit the bill with its NA MR flat six... it is ironic and fitting that Porsche introduced the original Cayman just as Honda killed off the original NSX....The Cayman evolved into what the original NSX should have evolved into....always liked them, but it wasn't until the 981 was released that it really caught my attention with its much more muscular design and imo just much better looking over the previous 987 gen.
A couple years ago I cashed in on my last NSX and picked up a 981 Cayman S, after a few months of hunting down my perfect spec, (white on black, x-73, 20" Carrera S wheels, SD steering wheel etc) I finally found my unicorn. So I took a one way flight to San Jose and drove it home....

My only regret is that I didn't hold out for a manual but the PDK is amazing I just miss rowing gears....prices have actually gone up the last year on these cars and are getting harder to find, so if one pops up that fits your bill hop on it!!
Loved my NSX's, but this thing is on a whole nother level when it comes to performance and handling...it's by far the stickiest car I've ever driven
Only thing I did so far was swap out the exhaust...it's all it really needs, so you'll save a ton in mods especially if you can find one with the X-73 sport suspension,, but that isn't easy.

Attached Images

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 04-13-2021 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 3
E46ZHP254.00
jmg18710.50