4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
to the pros
i need help!
my lawn is in bad shape, practically dead.
i been watching DIY on youtubes
what are good brands that i can find at local homedepot or lowes?
i need top soil, fertilizers and seeds?

it seems previous owners and person flipping the house didnt give a dam about the lawn.
We had a new house in Virginia awhile back, which is mostly clay. They had throw down some quick seed. I cut it really low, had a guy come aerate, found a local supplier of comp pro (in this case it was top soil, grudge pulled from bottom of James River and fertilizers mixed). Look up local rock/top soil suppliers and see who may have some mixture...straight top soil is ok, but a mix like this will grow grass on asphalt lol

After aerate, I heavy seeded. Comp pro was delivered in massive pile, few yards. Spread immediately or keep covered,if it gets wet, it clumps and a pain in the ass to spread. Start at far end from pile and wheelbarrle..used upside down medal rake to spread. This also allowed for the better stuff to go down into the aerated holes, for long lasting.

Heavy seed, hay/straw on top, water as necc. 3 weeks later it looked like a golf course. As my wife said looking at, "Holy F**k"

Of course I did this in mid September when temps mellowed out here. Spring is tough, as roots cant take with hot temps.

Good luck - but some bags of stuff from HD is a losing battle..fine for maintenance.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50