View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #11
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
Parking garages where I live tend to be large\spacious. The incline is not steep.
Parking garages that are small tend to have steep inclines and I avoid those. Specially if you can't approach on a 45 degree angle since the lane is not wide enough.
Parking garages that immediately drops down to a decline, I absolutely avoid. Not only will the front lip hit but if you have a V style diffuser, the fins will also hit. Double whammy

What I have done in the past is flatten out a soda can (or use sheet metal) then cut a 1" by 2" piece (assuming I'm lowering exactly 1"). Bend to an L shape, stick 1 side under the front lip w/ double sided tape. Go up and down driveways, ramps, dips & speed bumps where I frequently visit. See where I always scrape then look for another route or just avoid that location.
Can you tell me what front lip you have and where you purchased the side skirts from ?I see some places online that sell the side skirts for the gran coupe but afraid of fitment, Thanks

I like the idea of the new C8 corvette its has a fast hydraulic to lift and lower the front end while you go up ramps, the best part is when you approach a incline you push a GPS button and the system will remember all the inclines you saved and will raise and lower automatically
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0