03-28-2021, 08:26 AM   #26
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatias03 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice as a beginner into a car photography. I've been doing research and it's narrowed down to Canon, Sony or Nikon. I'm flexible on budget but I would say around $2k all in with a lens. Most important for me is that I am new and a beginner so I want to make sure functionality is easy but I am tech savvy so I can learn quick. I also want a camera that I can use over time as I get more experienced. I don't want to sell myself short either.

I will primarily be taking still photos of cars. Maybe a rolling shot here and there. No plans for video right now.

Any recommendations on camera and which lens I need for this type of photography?

Thanks!
Sony alpha full frame mirrorless (a7) and Zeiss lenses. Surf ebay, craigslist, photrio and dyxum and you will find something. Buy the a7 body and a Sony or third party lens if a Zeiss (used) is out of the price range. You can always upgrade lenses later.

A wide-normal-telephoto lens is a good starting point. Buy the most common zoom in your price range and it will get you started. I like prime lenses and would go with fairly wide, normal and mid-telephoto for a fixed focal length setup.

Suprised dcstep hasn't chimed in.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50