GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
If I go beyond 1600 kcal/day, I gain fat. Slowly increasing my calories weekly until I get to 2300/day.
I ain't no expert but this is a good place to use Keto or near-keto ...

If you don't know, the theory is, you convert your body from a carbohydrate metabolism to a fat metabolism because carbs are not an essential macronutrient (i.e., you must eat protein and fat, but can live just fine without carbs ever again). There are various protocols to do this, but the easiest is to just eat mostly steak and eggs or equivalents. If you're not "fat adapted" it takes a few weeks for your body to abandon carbs as a fuel, but once it does you feel GREAT! And without counting calories (much) your body fat will simply go away.

Once your body is used to burning fat, any time it sees a calorie deficit it simply taps into your body fat stores with no decrease in your metabolism, performance or gains. It ends the "oh no I'm catabolic!" and no more blood sugar spikes and chugging shakes.

Keto ends the cycles of cutting and bulking and your body is way healthier without the hyperinsulinemia - BUT YMMV, each person is different, blah blah blah

Lots of info out there, but for a natural weight trainer looking for a simple lifestyle, it's hard to beat. This guy has great info if keto is interesting:

Calorie cutting on a carb-based metabolism resets your metabolic set point (1600 in your case) and it's very tough to get out of that cycle (sometimes called "biggest loser syndrome"). Keto gets rid of that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00