View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 07:02 AM   #2518
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I read the 2nd link you provided. It needs to be understood that this guy was a prime athlete prior to beginning that regimen. At one point he was 230lbs with 12% BF squating over 540lbs.... He's not your average joe, and if he did this naturally he has well above avg test lvls because those numbers are basically impossible if you research the limits of natural body building. I'm not sure his height, but he doesn't look that tall.

He lost 8kgs of mass during that time, 17lbs. I saw he said his BF% dropped 2%, that converts roughly to 4lbs. So he lost 13lbs of muscle.... That is major loss. Again research natural limits, the first 2 years you may be able to put that amount of muscle on rather quickly. But once you reach a certain point the amount of muscle you are able to add yearly dwindles, if my memory serves it is around 5-6lbs/yr. My point, it could take him awhile to put that size back on if he ever wanted to, that is a substantial amount of muscle.

My take away from the article
1) The guy was already in tip-top shape, with substantial muscle muscle per overall weight.
2) Of course his diet was all over the place, with that amount of muscle you don't really need to care. Your body will take care of most of the excess calories when taken in.
3) He lost upwards of 13lbs of muscle, this almost makes me nauseous. It would take me 2 yrs to add that back.
4) In my eyes, this is not an effective training regimen. He could have lost the same amount of weight by doing nothing. You lose muscle twice as fast as you gain it, I've always stuck to that and feel it is relatively true.

Interesting non-the-less, but nothing to be impressed by (in my opinion).
Appreciate 0