Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post

G87 M2
In production until 07/29
08/24: engine power increases to 475hp; cosmetic changes including new wheel options. This is not the "CS" or "Competition". Skyscraper Gray, Mineral Red, Portimao Blue, and Sao Paulo Yellow could be the new colors.

G29 Z4
In production until 03/26
Manual M40i starts production in 03/24
Any inside word on the manual used in the M2/M3/M4 getting re-worked like the one in the forthcoming Z4 did? Hopefully they will keep the manual option AND make it better in the future/LCI. I was leaning towards the automatic based on several reviews that reported the manual in the M2/3/4 was not up to the level of the rest of the drivetrain. I've only driven the automatic so far.

This is an interesting quote from Motor Trend:
“The shifter itself is a big step up from the same mechanical ZF unit found in the Toyota Supra. Indeed, BMW says the Z4 manual’s shift linkage is physically different than the Supra’s, and it sure feels that way. The shifts are crisper, more mechanical, less rubbery, more satisfying. You know what else? The Z4's transmission feels better than the M2's six-speed. Same for the row-your-own M3. Along with the other changes BMW implemented, the sporty factor has increased noticeably. As athletic as a Porsche Boxster? No, but name a competitor’s car that is. The 2024 BMW Z4 is in a much better place performance-wise than it was. That’s a good thing.”
Appreciate 1
Game7429.50