United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
They said mine are at 6mm and usually they recommend changing at 4mm. But seriously, they're going to let mine get to exactly 4mm before they will even consider it? It would save me so much money if they covered it under planned (and included) maintenance but they just won't make an exception.

My X5 has 72,000 miles and I'm still on the original rotors which are clearly not worn enough for them.
Based on experience, they're likely to change them and have this covered. If this particular dealership is giving you a hard time, I would just take this to a different dealership.

I'm aware that they have a policy where if certain service indicators are within a certain range, they will still maintain it within the maintenance plan program.

Based on what you're writing here, your pads and rotors are worn enough to change. I also question whether you really have original rotors on the X5, if this car was serviced under maintenance plan, Rotors typically get changed at the same time pads are changed. At 72, The rotors and pads have been changed at least three to four times in car's life. There's a good chance for X5 service indicator was not reset.
I may take your advice and try another dealership.

I have had my X5 since 32k miles and have put on the next 40k myself. They did change my pads at around 52k miles, but they did not change my rotors at that time. I thought it was odd but my SA wouldn't agree to do them. He said they measured the thickness and there was too much life left, despite the age.

The current pads have some life left on them (15k per the sensors) but the dealer checked the brake systems a few weeks ago and said they still won't be able to replace my rotors under the maintenance plan.
Appreciate 0