View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 11:24 AM   #12
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny01 View Post
What you're experiencing is called motion control or motion smoothing. It's a problem for many LCDs. Sometimes they can't render fast movie scenes properly and they get blurry, or the image judders when panning. Motion control / motion smoothing fixes this by increasing the frame right or inserting black frames causing that smooth soap opera effect. It's horseshit. Hate it.

Disable this in your menu function. Might be called motion control, motion smoothing, motion flow, motion plus, etc.
I have disabled EVERYTHING related to motion smoothing but what I am seeing is not just in fast movie scenes. Foreground and backgrounds look very separated, almost like a weak 3D. It is so disconcerting and I see it on all 3 LED i frequently use, i cannot stand the look. Even the wife, WHO CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENC EBETWEEN HD AND SD, instantly sees the difference when we move from one TV to another.

Best example is the STar Wars remastered blu-ray of the original trilogy. We used the same blu ray player but on the LED the speeder, even standing still, looks like someone is controlling it with string it is so damn fake. On the plasma, 100 times better.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...ung-tv-381583/

EDIT: Just did more searching but with new terms and yeah still seems like a "motion setting" issue but I have turned absolutely everything off.
Appreciate 0