View Single Post
      01-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #81
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Working on solving my nicotine problem now. Have been weening off since the new year and officially quit today. I'm overall quite health, 5' 10" - 185lbs (12-14ish% BF). I run, cycle, row, all that shit frequently and with ease (to an extend, I'm no 100mile runner like yourself lmao, but you get my point). With that said I'd usually hit a cap around 5 miles or so running and my lungs would be on the brink lol. I want to change that. Started vaping about 14months ago, and I'm pissed at myself for it. When I run it is never my muscles that give out, just my lungs that can't keep up. If it were solely up to my legs I feel like I could go for ever (again within reason).

Anyways, if you guys would like to check on my status as I progress, feel free! If I have a little external pressure it will help me keep myself true to my "resolution" if you want to call it that.
Hell ya sounds like a better place already. Your lungs will get there 4-5 days running a week and pace will feels easier and easier just takes a while to build a great cardio base for distance running. I may be biased but running is an amazing outlet. Maybe tracking your time through a garmin or Apple Watch will create some new challenges for you as well to progress through it. Competitive running is definitely my outlet, I live for that start line and finish line. Each race is a set time goal to beat and my training pushes me everyday to try and hit it on race day. I have been chasing a 1:15 half marathon for a while, I know I can hit so my drive and excitement comes from training harder and harder each day. You feel a boost of motivation and something to be proud of on certain training days when your just having THE day. Just an idea as you running 5 miles already means you already have something in you for running. Most would never do 5 mile runs if it wasn’t bringing them something. I definitely will keep you in my thoughts and if you would like a training plan for running let me know.
Appreciate 0