View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
This thread is the perfect excuse for me not wanting to be a husband or a father lol. Bachelor life ftw!
It's not just the stresses of raising kids, it's the whole state of family law. As King Rudi stated, many people go into a marriage thinking it's forever and find out it's not Disney movie. The stats bear it out. Having gone through one of the ultimate betrayals, I can honestly say I will never get married again. There's a reason why suicide rates for men going through a divorce are so high. I wished I had come across some alternate perspectives with the whole red pill movement before saying, "I do". Would you knowingly get into a car with the full knowledge that you are going to have a 50/50 chance of getting seriously hurt? Then when you do get hurt, the state comes in and dictates the care you get? Had I learned to look at a marriage in that context, it would have given me pause as to what I was signing up for.

But to tie this back into this thread. With the knowledge of the pain I went through with a short marriage and how badly I got screwed, would I do it all over again? I can honestly say yes. The reason? If I didn't get married, I wouldn't have my daughter. God knows I've been through all sorts of hell. Despite all of that, my love of my daughter has been unconditional.
Appreciate 8
hubbahubba8837.50
Soul_Glo13347.00
Murf99314114.00
King Rudi13154.00
F32Fleet3574.50
QM287.00