02-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #31
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I do fresh mulch every year! It looks nicer and the cost is nominal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I used to do it twice / year but now do it once / year with a thick application right before Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I think I use mulch completely differently than anyone who has to worry about plants and the cold.

I add mulch to keep down weeds. IF I start having to spend a lot of time on weeds in a particular area, all the mulch comes out, layer in a good supply of fertilizer, then cover with new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
Every even year I have the dump truck drop 10 yards over a tarp in the driveway. Every odd year I take couple trips to HD and get 20 bags or so, just lightly top it off in the noticeable areas.
I do mine every Spring time here in OH since the whole neighborhood seems to do it at the same time. Here we use mulch to help keep the moisture in and overall curb appeal. Not so much for containing weeds like someone mentioned. I usually pick up about 60 bags from Home Depot when they go on sale for 5 bags/$10. I've got a lot of flower beds to do as well as around the Hydrangea trees, Autumn Blaze Maples and the big Red Oak tree in the back yard

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 02-19-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0