Jsin357
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsin357 View Post
I have a 2016 650i Gran Coupe and I don't drive it that much, but went to crank it this morning and it was slow about starting. I'm getting all kind of malfunction messages also
How long do you let it sit? I'd say if it's going to be longer than about 3 weeks (with a healthy battery), I'd hook it to a battery maintainer.

I'd also check your battery health - the aforementioned battery maintainer can help there, too. On both my previous 550 and now 650, BMW replaced the battery after only two years. Both were under warranty, and neither time did I request it or see/have any signs of battery issue. So, BMW definitely feels the need to proactively replace these batteries - even though batteries should be able to easily go 5 years or more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsin357 View Post
I have a 2016 650i Gran Coupe and I don't drive it that much, but went to crank it this morning and it was slow about starting. I'm getting all kind of malfunction messages also
How long do you let it sit? I'd say if it's going to be longer than about 3 weeks (with a healthy battery), I'd hook it to a battery maintainer.

I'd also check your battery health - the aforementioned battery maintainer can help there, too. On both my previous 550 and now 650, BMW replaced the battery after only two years. Both were under warranty, and neither time did I request it or see/have any signs of battery issue. So, BMW definitely feels the need to proactively replace these batteries - even though batteries should be able to easily go 5 years or more.
Thanks I'm gonna just buy a new one. It's a 2016 production date. Appreciate the advice