bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
this is the one i bought.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fiskars-S...BoCmTQQAvD_BwE

yup pull behind dethatcher. you need to set yours up right if it's making grooves into your lawn. in should be scraping the thatch area only. i have a 1/2 acre so using an electric version would take to long.
Ah...weed shotgun. I had one but the foot thing broke pretty quickly and rendered the whole thing useless. Worked awesome up until that point. Fiskars supposedly has a really good return/exchange policy but it was OBE for me.

I have the same type of dethatching implement for my lawn tractor. I admit that I was VERY aggressive with it when I last used it. The grooves were mostly because of some uneven-ness in my backyard......coupled w/ my aggressiveness. lol I didn't mind so much because I was going to overseed some areas at that time.

My yard is about 0.75 acres. I aborted using the electric dethatcher but not because of yard size. Warm temps this week (even though they drop next week) spiked up the soil temps and I've noticed that I'm already gettings some weeds coming up. Today, I decided to switch applications of the prill fert/Dimension vs the tank sprayer Dimension. I just finished throwing down the prills at a fair rate (~ 1.1lbs/1000sq ft of N). That's still than the label called for but more N than I usually put down. I don't mind so much since it's the 1st feeding since October and I don't want the Pre-M to be too diluted (I used about 0.8lbs/1000sq ft less than the label). It's supposed to rain in a little bit so it'll all get watered in.