View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 05:00 PM   #26
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
But I would say its important to not lose perspective and realize that at the end, they are still just an animal. They aren't your son / daughter despite lots of people treating them exactly like that. They aren't human.
I think "pet people" that don't have kids and/or have never lost someone close to them (parent, child, good friend, etc.) have a bit of a misguided perspective on their animals and life in general. When you have kids or loose people close to you, it hardens you and makes you look at life way differently. I'm not saying it makes you superior in any way, but it certainly changes you and where you invest your energy in those "beings" close to you.

The pet people I really don't understand are those that will put their pets through surgery after surgery and lots of meds to eek out another year or two because they simply can't let them go. I wouldn't even do that to a person I love.