View Single Post
      01-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #19
Mark333032
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 640d MSport Gran Coupe.

I took mine out last weekend because I wanted to have the chrome border wrapped gloss back leaving the slats chrome. They are difficult to get out and wearing thin nitrile type gloves is recommended. Thin enough to get your fingers in but thick enough to offer some protection. As described you need to loosen the nose cone top fixings to get as much flex in the nose cone panel as you can

The top 3 clips are easiest. Fingers or a screwdriver will unclip them and from there you need to hold the grills under pressure by wedging something in the gaps at the front to stop them springing back.

Next the two clips on the sides. You will need a long screwdriver. Keep the pressure by wedging something (I use trim removal wedges) behind the grill trim.

Now for the 3 clips on the bottom. These are the hardest. You need to pull the nose cone out as far as you can and from the top, reach round behind and then underneath the grill. Your middle finger will just about reach the first clip so push up to unclip it. Just two more to go and it's out.

The second grill is only marginally easier to remove because with the first out, you have clear access to one of the side clips. Sadly, all the other clips are just as hard to access.
Appreciate 0