bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Ha! I'd have to see if we got a discount from SiteOne. I don't remember what we dropped there but I want to say it was several hundred bucks between several large spools of drip line, couplers, staples, etc... I think the spools were something like 100ft or 150ft of hose each.

The irrigation company would've charged several bucks per square foot to install the drip lines vice the several cents per sq ft it cost us to buy and install the material ourselves.

Or did you mean the cost of the lawn irrigation itself?
The cost itself. Our mark up on supplies is 250% so I'm sure you saved money lol. So you're totally drip then? Here we have to pull all pipe underground and use overhead watering due to the size of the lawns. I know some places are doing all drip which is so much better for the environment!
Not all drip. We have:
1. drip in the landscaped areas
2. 'supply infrastructure' (stubbed lines) for drip in future planned landscape areas
3. sprinkler & mist heads in all the grass areas (excluding future landscape areas + back easement)
4. below ground, quick-coupler hose bibs in...3 locations. These things are awesome! No more dragging multiple hoses.

I forget how many total zones but I want to say it is something like 14 grass, 3-4 drip, 3 hose bib, and 3-4 stubbed zones. All sprawled over a ~32k sq ft yard.

I probably need to refactor 2 of the drip zones so the spruce and birch are grouped together and the tall grasses are separate but I guess I can always stub the tall grass areas once they are established.