View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #13
gonzo_the_great
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Input your BMW hex code at this site: https://bmwfault.codes/

It should give you some info…I saw approx 5 faults that listed info “views”. It also reveals that the module this fault is occurring in is the “roof function center”.

Can you get the alarm siren to sound off at all…or do you just get flashing lights? You can press the PANIC button on the remote to see if the alarm siren sounds off.

Also, you’ll see tests that tells you to arm and wait 30 seconds…that’s because there is a delay for the interior motion & tilt sensor to arm. When you first lock & arm the car…it takes 30 seconds before the IMS (interior motion sensor) and the TILT sensor to arm. This is in case you have things inside the car that are still moving etc…it delays arming 30 seconds after locking. So that is why you see the instructions to wait 30 seconds, then disconnect the battery…this will give the alarm siren a chance to arm…and then the siren should go off if you disconnect power.
I just get the flashing lights.
Assume I can test the siren by leaving a window open, locking the car and wave my arm through the open window?
Appreciate 0