View Single Post
      02-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Totally think this is priced right for the performance and market it serves. My only concern from BMW is that this is a shared platform car (640,650,etc) I really think that at that price point people are buying the car just as much as the badge/exclusivity and what made the last M6 "special" was the V10 and carbon fibre roof. Will have to wait for the reviews to get some good feedback on this car.
yes, it's a shared platform car just like the previous M6. BUT, at least the platform starts off at a pretty high price (in the United States at least). the 640i coupe starts at $73k. it's a lot more than the entry level 528i which starts at $46k. so, the M6 and M5 share a lot of components, but if you look at it that way, the exclusivity of the M6 and 6-series is a lot more than the M5 and 5-series.

it's like the SL63 AMG and E63 AMG. you could buy an SL550, but it's still pretty costly, to the untrained eye, they look similar. with the E, you could buy an E350 and to the untrained eye, they look similar. this isn't like an R8 or an Aston, but I think it's better an a 911.

either way, kudos to BMW. I wish they let M have at it with the i8.
Appreciate 0