04-04-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTonic View Post
I haven’t been there myself, though it’s on “the list”...

That being said, if possible you might consider bringing two bodies. Fit one with a wide to normal zoom, and the other with a telephoto zoom. Given the location, changing lenses regularly is just going to be asking for trouble in terms of getting gunk on the sensor and/or back of the lens.

I would also focus on a faster lens and not the tripod. But I don’t know what kind of trip you’re planning. With animals, it’s better to be able to move fast, which you just can’t do with a tripod. I have used a monopod with a long lens and it was fine, with a big benefit just being that your arms don’t get so tired!
I’m really considering getting an X-T4 to couple it with the X-T2 and lenses I currently have. I do agree with your thinking. Just that getting a second body requires more investment and I was trying to keep costs down. Already plan on getting a GoPro 9/10 for water and underwater stuff. Maybe I can buy a used X-T2/3. You’re probably right that tripod will be too bulky and inconvenient. Might bring a monopod and double it as hiking stick then.
Appreciate 0