Thread: 2015 M6 gas cap
View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Do you live in San Jose...as in CALIFORNIA? If yes...you should be able to drive in to any of the local BMW dealership's parts department...give them the last 7 digits of your VIN, and order a new gas cap.

Or you can use one of the online part databases (see examples below)...and type in your VIN...then look up the diagram to get the 11 digit BMW part nbr for the gas cap specifically for your car...then type BMW xx xx x xxx xxx (where x= the actual BMW part nbr) into a google or internet search box and find lots of online vendors/sellers that are selling the specific gas cap you need (since you used the correct BMW part nbr for it in your search).

Try any of the online part databases below (feel free to save them for future references):
  1. www.realoem.com
  2. www.bmwfans.info
  3. www.bimmercat.com

You need the part nbr for #19 in the diagram below...click the link then scroll down to get the correct 11 digit BMW part nbr to shop with:

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/F1...mounting_parts

{online images found using the 11 digit BMW part nbr for an M6 fuel cap}

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-09-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0