01-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #62
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclin View Post
Ok, so one thing I like, going thru the options list, is that there is a FRONT camera option. This would potentially be useful to me, as that I am always sweating bullets when I approach a parking curb/stop. Number one reason why I haven't lowered my car.

Meanwhile, I see there is another manufacturer that makes BMW android systems and, if you read thru the FAQ for the F10 system, they seem to integrate the functions of the car, like parking sensors and rear camera (no mention of surround view camera systems). No 6 series though, maybe we can petition them for one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...34555050A0Ypof

I bought their universal double din system for my daily/Xterra, have yet to install though.

I would gladly plunk down $8-900 for something that is integrated with the OE functions. Again, not sure if the AVIN system does so...
Anyone want to take bets that the system linked above is exactly what AVIN is selling under their own name?

I mean, the Avin guys are even using some of the same photos, fercryinoutloud!

For the record, I sent TWO emails to Avin - one via their website and one directly via email - to ask about functions. No answer back. So, I think we can conclude that their technical and sales support sucks rocks.
Appreciate 0