02-24-2024, 12:04 AM   #45
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I find the gearing too long. 1st and 2nd is fine but 3rd, sweet jesus, if hustling I can exit in third, floor it and I am doing 140KMH ..... like really? It's one of the reasons I went PDK because honestly one rarely even needs to change gears.
All GT cars, 911 or current 718 (or previous 981 GT4/Spyder) had tall gearing. This isn't anything new. The main reason why people choose to nitpick this on the 718 GTS 4.0, GT4 and Spyder is that the engine really doesn't sound alive until you are past 5k RPM. That was not case before with any of the 911 GT3/RS engines, including the mezger engines. The previous 3.8 in the 981 GT4/Spyder sounded great minus the stupid torque dip but the tall gearing was slightly ignored because the engine sounded good through the RPM. Well, okay people still whined about the tall gearing in the 981 but it usually is drowned out by the engine sounds great crowd.

Changing the exhaust out on the 718 GT4/Spyder or the GTS 4.0 will help with this. You will hear the car better and not be forced to rev past 5k to hear the engine.

That or just DeMan the car.