View Single Post
      03-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

S63tu Forged engine build

Hey Guys ,got some pics to share on the engine rebuild for my M6,
Anyway it turns out I damaged a piston due to a lean condition from a failed fuel injector , Yeah, Failed injector=Lean condition=Tuned=Boom.My engine had 36k miles on it the rod bearings were fine and no bent connecting rods.

The messed up thing is I had a Black stone oil analysis done when the engine was smoking and it came back good which lead me to believe it was a Turbo and some bad diagnostic from another shop, that said these turbos always go bad its very common on the S63tu he couldn't have been more wrong, and being on the forums never really heard of our turbos failing ,just waste gate rattle. I will load more pics when I get more (The pics below are from the old motor)

The build is going to consist of:
Rebuilt cylinder heads
CP Carillo Forged rods and pistons(balanced)
Custom crank bearing clearance and bearings
Fabworx wrapped downpipes
Stage 1 Pure Turbos
SSP Spec R clutch
JB4 Bluetooth controller for Maps and Meth
JB4 Methanol kit
DME custom tune
Methanol tank (not sure what tank yet)
Project Gamma Charge coolers
Project Gamma Charge pipes
Project Gamma intakes
Attached Images

2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals

Last edited by Whipple; 03-05-2021 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 4
MMMM6GC275.00
Flo1989342.00
DRKNTM615.50