View Single Post
      12-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesie View Post
The 2019 MY ran thru the end of September, 2018. The last M6 VIN is: WBS6E9C55KG808477

According to my local BMW dealer, the Dingolfing plant was originally planning to make the M6 and take new orders thru February, 2019. However, the decision was made to end production at the end Of September. I have been unable to independently verify this piece of information.

If anyone “in the know” could verify this, I would like to know as well.

Take care,
Danny
According to this website, GC production indeed ended in September 2018. Though confusingly, BMWUSA website still allows you to build a M6GC on its website right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
I thought production for MY19 starts in June / July and as the production of the GC stopped in march there will be no MY19 at all. no?
Model year rules vary between Europe and USA. Traditionally, new model years start in October of every month in the USA to coincide with tv advertising, but new model years can be as early as 3rd calendar quarter starting in July! Only rules in USA that government model year designations are done for emissions purposes, but has great flexibility, read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year

So don't be too hung up on the 2019 designation. It's no different than a 2018 model.