05-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #65
MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
I received my oil test results back today. I’m not an engineer, so this doesn’t say that much to me, but a call-out that there may be a problem developing is probably something to be worried about? Here is an explanation from the tester when I asked what does this mean in practise:

“I think it is well worth getting BM to take a look at the fuel rail and injectors to see where they maybe a possible leak.
The effect that the fuel has is a chain reaction. First of all it effects the Viscosity, this is thinning of the oil out, this in turn doesn’t supply adequate separation between components and they will start to wear beyond a nature rate.
The fuel will also effect the additives within the oil, Total base number will drop out so too will other additives making the oil pretty much non usable after a certain amount of time.

All I all these obviously lead to unnecessary wear and dependent on the fuel dilution amount, can cause a lot of damage.”

Does anyone have experiences of similar issues? Needless to say, I will make contact with my local BMW service on Monday, considering the car is still under warranty until October, best to get their attention to this now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0