Thread: Thoughts on i8
View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
Francoandlinda
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convertible

Garage List
My dealer gave me one for the weekend to try. He told me I would hate it. He was right. Soooooo boring to drive. After the novelty wears off, it really is a boring car compared to there M6. Its quiet, lacks balls, is awkward getting in and out of.

My rep knows me so well, he said he wouldn't sell it to me unless I took it for 2 days because Im a good customer and would hate him after 3 months. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
Hey guys, first of all, SUPER happy with my M6. Only have a ECU tune and some codings, suspension adjustments, but otherwise stock. In love with the car. Few gripes I have is that it shoulda had radar cruise control, the HUD unit causes glare, and it really shouda had that robot seat belt thing like the E92 M3, for the price. Other than that, car is just an amazing machine. No hassles, no issues, just runs like a beast. I've tracked it, drove cross country and it shares DD duty alongside my range rover.

I haveeee been looking at I8's on the side, i kind of need an EV in my life; was thinking the i8 would do quite well, looks great, decent performance (nothing like the m6). Anyone have any experience with them? I test drove one, but the stupid dealership didnt have the batts charged, so it was useless.

Interior on the m6 is way better, and ofc more power. Not sure if I would regret swapping the m6 for an i8.. I figured with a ECU tune on the i8 and an aftermarket exhaust and some suspension tweaks to get rid of the understeer, the i8 could be a lotta fun as a DD..What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0