View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #45
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Not happy about pricing also. I was hoping starting at $48k.

When I price out a Camaro exactly the way I would order one it's $46.7k, and it also has a trick active diff.

I am interested to see the Handling Pack price, because this is where you have all the GT350 track durability parts, like rear axle cooler, GT350 Oil cooler, aero (including under car, where it really counts), and trans cooler.

But it looks too expensive compared to the Camaro. So unless it can somehow be significantly quicker around a racetrack, the Camaro now wins the value for speed battle.
PP2 was already very close to a 1LE, close enough that I'd worry more about the driver than the car. The main issue with these cars, if you are trying to go fast, is the lack of torque down low. It's not horrible, but you gotta wring that smaller displacement up a lot higher to get the same thing, so area below the curve is a continual fight for the smaller displacement NA V8. Something like the 3.5 ecoboost with twin turbos would potentially be a better platform than their fixed-bore V8 engines, just for the purpose of going fast.