View Single Post
      01-19-2022, 08:39 AM   #17
Rich807
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Up here, the car gets hammered by freezing temps and extremely dry air, bet that is a big reason why it fairs so badly here.
Yes, thinking the brutal cold up there for months out of the year has a whole lot to do with anything like SensaTec being 'brittle' when people & things are placed on it. I can see that non-pliable state being really hard on it.

It's super dry where I live but hot for more than half the year. Thinking my geo climate's main threat to SensaTech, MBTex etc comes via UV. Just a theory / educated guess though.

I've also noticed in the desert SW unless a manufacturer uses very high quality thick leather it will shrink / crack like a bad dog. American car company leather is particularly susceptible to this in my experience. Ford's is horrible based on a # of vehicles I've owned & a # of coworkers I've seen deal with it. It shrinks so much it will pull the seat clips out of the frames of the chairs. Even with King Ranch leather vehicles where my coworker cared for it like it was his newborn baby (using Ford/King Ranch branded leather care stuff).
Appreciate 0