View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #926
tim99ws6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
What are you guys doing for irrigation? I wish I had a built-in, but I'm not going to drop the coin on a place we only intend on being in for another couple years or so. We've got a tiny bit over half an acre that's long and relatively narrow. Closest spigot I have to the grass closest to the street requires me to have ~150ft of hose and I'm just not coming up with a decent solution. I have a total of three spigots (one on each side of the house except the front) and I really can't run more than one of them at a time without significantly reducing the water output of both.

What's a good way to measure water pressure? What should it be? I don't want to have exterior pressure to take care of the yard in a good spot and find that I'm blowing a faucet off inside.

Once pressure is figured out, what's some good hardware? I've seen some YouTube guys taking in-ground sprinkler heads and modifying them to be put on spikes. I really would like to be able to do multiple in series if possible. I'm currently putting one at the end of my hose length and it can take me over two hours to water the whole yards.

We're in a bit of a drought right now with no rain on the horizon. I'm killing myself trying to keep the yard from dying of thirst.

My yard is fully irrigated, but use these for beds. Maybe something similiar?

https://www.gardeners.com/buy/snip-n...m/8589718.html
Appreciate 1