03-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #56
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
I’m sorry your M340i is NOT an M car lol.
I have 2020 X3 M40i with the B58 382hp engine and F80 M3. There are many things that make M3 special and a true M car that my M40i lacks.

The ONLY reason they put the M badge on 340i or X3 or 550i is for pure Marketing BS. Previous generations never had them. An M badge should only be put on an M car same with AMG.
Once again, I never said it was. Now to reiterate an earlier argument, there is in fact a difference between an M Performance variant and a standard model with some primarily aesthetic add-ons making it a sportier looking vehicle or an M sport if you will. I tend to think there's a big difference between those.

The fact that today's M340i has about 50 more hp than an e46 M3 is rather mind boggling. The 0-60 time is much quicker as well. Will it handle better or have that infamous steering feedback of the e46 platform, probably not. I guess that is what has hampered BMW these past few generations, at least with the 3 series.

For me, I decided to buy an M340i xDrive because I thought it struck a nice balance between sportiness and luxury. Moreover, it works as a DD much better than an M3/M4 IMO. It's not a money issue either.
Appreciate 0