Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Garage List
2015 M6 GC F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisd View Post
I was at the dealer yesterday and saw the 2020 M8, it was even the competition model, they now put a badge in it. It just didn't call out to me. Something about the lines and the interior. I know they have to update and the M6 was a long run but I think I would move to an M5 instead of the M8. The only thing I like about the M8 over the M5 is that there are just SO many 5 series out on the roads. I like having something a little unique. That's why I really liked my Z4M, I think I only saw one other during the 3 years I had that car.

So, are any of you thinking about the M8?
sorry, I just posted the same dilemma in another post without checking to see that you had posted this and seemed to echo similar concerns to you and your comments.

I love my M6 GC but I’m often tempted to upgrade at some stage to the 8er. Whilst there are some appealing points I keep ending up with the verdict I’m better off with what I have. I want to desire the 8er but I simply don’t, yet. Anyone else having this dilemma? I also don’t see the value in the premium cost over what the M6 was/is. Maybe I’ll be more tempted when their prices plummet. My personal likes are the 4WD and some tech but my main issue is that whilst the M6 GC is a little dated (I’d like to think becoming a rare classic) the M8 GC doesn’t seem very special looking from certain angles
Appreciate 0