12-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinBMW View Post
Hi guys, can anyone please let me know what this option I have under KAFAS ECU - Camera-Based Driver Assistance setting? Bummer code shows this under KAFAS ECU and there is an option of "Road Edge Warning". It's active by default but I have never seen this in action nor there seen any settings or option in Idrive. Does anyone know what it is and how it works?
If your BMW is optioned with LDW (lane departure warning)...then the coding parameters you posted allows you to select based on what type of roads you drive on. If you are always in an urban setting where all the streets have concrete curbs...then "curb only" may work for you. If you drive on urban & country roads that may not have a concrete curb...then select curb & grass etc. This will then allow the the LDW system to warn (by vibration) if you are leaving the pavement on a non curbed roadway.

This allows the LDW "lines" to show up on multiple types of roads. If you don't know what the LDW lines are...see the image and info in the pic below about BMW's Lane Departure Warning (which is usually part of the driving assistant pkg):
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-18-2020 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 1