View Single Post
      06-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Intotheblue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Coupe

Considering a 6 coupe

Hey all, sorry for those that may be tired of these sorts of threads. I'm currently in a 2009 328i coupe and love it, but it's time to move on. I'm currently considering 2 cars, a CPO 2012-13 range 640/50i coupe, or a CPO 2015 Mercedes E400/E550 coupe.

Have any of you guys test driven both in your hunt for a car before deciding on the 6 series?

I really want my next car to have radar cruise control, which seems slightly more prevalent on the Benz's in my price range, have yet to find a used 6 series with it yet. Only 1 of the 5 650i's I looked at has lane assist, do any of you feel it's worth the few extra grand it would cost to get a car with it?

Any recommendations on 640i vs 650i? My 328i with an ECU tone and exhaust is very enjoyable to drive speed-wise, so I know I'd be fine with a 640i and some mods, I'm more concerned about reliability. I've read that the 650i is quite reliable except for the need to top off oil a lot.

I test drove a 435i last month and I didn't like the steering compared to my E92 due to the steer-by-wire, and I know the 6 series uses the same thing. My current train of thought is that if I'm getting that really smooth driving feeling, I might as well go full luxury with an E400/E550, with more easy to find tech upgrades to boot (for about $5k more than the cheapest bare bones 650i I've found).

Finally, for the 2013/14 6 series, I feel like it's the only car where the stock bumpers look better than the M-Sport, anyone else agree? Would I be missing suspension parts if I don't get an M-Sport?

Thank everyone, look forward to possibly joining the club.
Appreciate 0