View Single Post
      05-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #14
turbo8765
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I disagree! I mean you cannot simply claim that this particular M6 cannot keep up with Aventador in rolling (all videos posted are referring to rolling not drag racing) since you do not have any written or measured data.
The other day you posted in another thread a report comparing R8, M6 CP, GTR and 911TTS. according to that report, M6 CP can run 100-200 km/h in 7.3 second which is almost the subject of 60-130 mph. considering %15 underrated, M6 CP has about 660HP and it's still almost %10-15 less power than this M6. As you know there are so many factors define the result of Rolling race. The most 4 factors are power, weight, air resistance and type of drivetrain (FED,RWD,AWD). now comparing the Aventador with this M6, Aventador is lighter and probably less air resistance, but less power and also AWD which is disadvantage here (we are not talking about drag where the AWD is a big advantage). I don't claim this particular M6 can keep up with Aventador. Maybe or maybe not, but I guess the numbers will be so close.
BTW, does your modded M6 generate the same power????
An FBO M6 in my region trapped 127 (intake, full exhaust, tune, gas, tires)

The fastest M5 documented on the forum trapped 128 (at a kind track) with tune, exhaust, tires.

Those are the peaks… Other tuned cars have trapped less. There is an F10 on dragtimes PP-tuned that trapped 124.

Unless this M6 is much faster than the fastest documented M5 and M6.... then it's slower than an aventador.

The most likely explanation is probably true, the M6 in these vids likely traps 128 at most.... ie slower than an aventador.

I'm sure you know that trap speed correlates well with roll race performance.

Last edited by turbo8765; 05-22-2014 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0