View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #28
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Like everything else today...people want bigger, more expensive, and fancier stuff. Who would have ever though a pickup truck would cost $60k+? Houses are crazy expensive because they are huge. What's the average square footage of a home in 1970 vs now? And don't forgot all the additional wiring and tech that goes into newer homes for data/web access.

Most people are just concerned about keeping up with the Jones's.
There's no way data comm wiring is accounting for the large price increase/differential we're talking about here. I just went back to my options/pricing sheet for my vacation home built as new construction from a track builder. House was built in 2012. An additional electrical outlet was $75. Datacom drops were $140. Hardly a cost that would blow up a price of a home. Even at the inflated $140 price. I opted not to do much more than what was included in the price of the home as I knew I could run the cabling and terminate them for much cheaper.
Appreciate 0