04-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #128
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Thnx. Yeah, since I'm in cool season grass country, fall is best. I was reading that, for thin/sparse lawns, it is still okay/not a waste to overseed in spring + fall. There's a material cost associated (& time) but I don't know that it'll hurt. We had quite a bit of snow mold in the backyard.

We slit seeded last fall and held off on pre-emergent this spring to give those seeds a chance (also in case we overseed). Thought about 2-pass aerating again as well but maybe we'll hold off until fall.

Which Husq lawn tractor did you have? Was thinking of pulling the trigger on getting one to move away from a lawn cutting service. Can't decide between a JD and a Husq. Even the lower 300-series JD's use the same seemingly much maligned K46 trans.
i'm also in the cool season grass of the country...Tall Fescue! you should be fine to put pre emergent this Spring because you seeded last fall. any seeds that didn't germinate is pretty much dead right now. anything that did is coming out of dormancy. plus once crabgrass starts to germinate and you don't have pre emergent down it's really a PITA to control once it matures.

I would definitely aerate again before the pre emergent is thrown down. I aerate in both the Spring and Fall as well as dethatch.

I bought the Husqvarna YTH24V48 model and so far it's doing the job. plenty of power especially since I use all the tow attachments (aerator, dethatcher, lawn sweeper, broadcast spreader, snow plow) there's probably better tractor's out there but I bought this a couple of years ago in the middle of winter and they had a sale with $500 off

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-Y...ely/1000368435

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
bosstones1154.00