View Single Post
      02-26-2019, 06:39 PM   #29
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6DYS View Post
Yup. BMW is hurting its brand by flooding the market with lots of fleet vehicles, rentals, leases and cookie cutter products. The “M” brand has loss its respect and lure, because there are way too many of them on the market. My Nissan GTR has a higher resale value than my M6, and it’s a NISSAN!! Whenever I drive my GTR, I get a whole lot of people looking at it and some even take pictures. No one has ever taken pictures of my M6. No one seems to even care that it’s a M6. To add insult to injury, I had an old lady driving a minivan tried to jump the gap in front of me the other day at the stop light!!! I am yet to have someone try to race me whenever I’m driving my GTR.
But we were talking about BMW vs Mercedes, and he made a general statement about all BMWs versus a specific product line.

I'm not debating your GTR comment. I can see a 2014 GTR with similar mileage as my M6 costs around $8k more on list. But I would say the GTR is more of a Corvette and R8 competitor. However, after 2015, GTR sells dipped significantly to less than 1000 per year.