View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
1) Honestly the car has enough power as it is! The hardware is all the same though so a flash will be the same for either version. There has been a bit of a chat in a few threads about the 600ps cars having less power in the 6750rpm to 7250rpm area when compared to the 575ps cars, but it still doesn't really matter, power isn't why you want CP.

2) I've driven an M5 non-CP back to back with an M6 Coupe CP (my one!) on the track and the difference was huge. Note that the Coupe has a 113mm shorter wheelbase and is about 50kg lighter as well as having the lower centre of gravity so it is hard to say what parts were the most important. I've driven an M6 Coupe non-CP and it still felt great. These two videos might help but they aren't a direct comparison.

3) the stock suspension in comfort is absolutely fine for cruising. Sport makes it slightly annoying and sport plus is very annoying. I am investigating the Dinan anti-roll bars though. Also only M5's were 10mm lower with CP, the M6's were the same height.

4) Compared to my C63 6.3, the sound is OK at idle but way too quiet when revving. It is spookily fast for such a quiet car and I can't quite adjust yet (I've had my car since Friday)

5) yes the 343M are the lightest. I once-upon-a-time saw 601M (the 7 spoke CP wheel) with the face left as it is in polished chrome but the rest in black and it looked quite decent.
Wait, did you say the base wheels are the lightest? And the 7 spoke "lightweight" wheels are cast? That makes no sense... Why would they promote it as lighter than the 601 and for the Comp pack if it is in fact heavier?
68' Charger
16' BMW R9T
Appreciate 0