X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
except it wasn't industrial espionage
If you hire me to detail your car and I don't return it, and then say
"Geez KRS_SN has been accusing me of auto theft for 2 years but now I'm vindicated because I've proven I actually just stored the car on my property and never used it"
Your point is, you should now have to now apologize to me for reputational harm because I never used your property so I'm a great guy? Oh, and what if I never returned your car and then started work at a rental company that rents cars and one looks exactly like yours? You're saying you'd DEFINITELY be in the wrong for thinking I stole your car and was renting it out?

Come on man.

The guy, as a Tesla employee, downloaded all of Tesla's source code TO HIS PERSONAL cloud storage AND THEN went to a competitor. That gets you fired and charged at any company on the planet.

In a related story:
engineer Anthony Levandowski ... has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for trade secret theft ...Google's self-driving unit, then called Waymo, filed a lawsuit against Uber for trade secret theft, alleging its acquisition of Otto allowed the company to gain access to sensitive and confidential Waymo technology Levandowski illegally took with him on his way out. Uber and Waymo settled the lawsuit, but Levandowski was still on the hook for criminal charges of trade secret theft
Sometimes when AD engineers leave with IP and go to a competitor, they've been known to use it ... and, do we really believe this guy didn't use the code he stole?

except there is no proof that he used teslas code to make xpengs software. Tesla repeatedly insinuated that Xpeng stole their code.
So sorry I think Tesla is the bully boy here as they have No proof of the claims they made as it was a 3rd party that adjudicated.
Appreciate 0