View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #6
JC04
Private
Rep
Drives: MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Hello, I've got the factory maintenance plan that expires December on my M6GC. Per the plan, brake replacements are covered but of course my dealership is telling me there's too much life left on the brakes to be able to replace them.

The sensors on the vehicle are telling me brakes are due for replacement. According to my S.A., they can't even replace them if they wanted to since they have to ship the worn brakes to a facility where they are measured and the dealership gets charged back if they don't meet the wear requirements. Is this just a load of B/S or is there truth to this?

Is there no maximum mileage on the vehicle that mandates a brake replacement even with low wear? I've got 26k miles on my M6 with the original brakes.

I've also been fighting them on the exact same issue on my X5 which now has 72,000 miles on the rotors and they still worn replace them under the maintenance plan I purchased for that car.

Makes me question BMW's policies for wear/ age for replacement of covered items.

The brakes don't go by mileage but by measurement of thickness for both rotors and pads. Rotors need tools to measure but the pads you can visually check it. You just need a little knowledge how to do it.

The sensors for the brakes on this car are worthless. it's supposed to be 2 stage but not accurate at all. My car has been telling me the front brakes need to be replaced at 1400 miles for the last 15k miles and the pads still have 50% of life left.

The dealer isn't lying to you. They have every incentive to replace it as much as you do. After all, if they can make money why wouldn't they?
Appreciate 1