View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Hello, I've got the factory maintenance plan that expires December on my M6GC. Per the plan, brake replacements are covered but of course my dealership is telling me there's too much life left on the brakes to be able to replace them.

The sensors on the vehicle are telling me brakes are due for replacement. According to my S.A., they can't even replace them if they wanted to since they have to ship the worn brakes to a facility where they are measured and the dealership gets charged back if they don't meet the wear requirements. Is this just a load of B/S or is there truth to this?

Is there no maximum mileage on the vehicle that mandates a brake replacement even with low wear? I've got 26k miles on my M6 with the original brakes.

I've also been fighting them on the exact same issue on my X5 which now has 72,000 miles on the rotors and they still won't replace them under the maintenance plan I purchased for that car.

Makes me question BMW's policies for wear/ age for replacement of covered items.
Appreciate 0