View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 01:36 AM   #8
Mck444
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I would say no...they are not "better"...just a different designed headrest & probably a bit more side bolster padding...and I believe they are capable of most (if not all) the "movements" that the multi-contour seats have. But I don't know if they have the extra options like the 2-way upper articulating back movement Ands omeone from the Euro market will have to chime in to educate us if the extra options like "active" seat and ventilation were available on the sport seats.

And like other BMW seats that have a similar design where the headrests don't appear to have a horizontal adjustment...they can be uncomfortable for some depending on their torso length, neck length, and where the upper part of their spine curves. If the seat does have the upper articulating back feature...if you move that part of the seat forward...it can move the headrest forward as well...which is what the OP of this thread seems to be trying to make compensation for.

Looking at the images below (from my pic stash) it doesn't look like the upper back articulates like the multi-contour seats...but it could just not be visible in the images:

I'm not sure if you've experienced this on your 6, but I feel like the seats on mine are a little bit too stiff. For a luxury/gt type of car the seats just feel like they don't have enough padding. I wonder if these sports seats shown above are more comfortable as the standard ones we have somewhat feel like sitting on a wooden chair.
Appreciate 0