View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #4
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Did a search but didn't find anything on this exact topic and I thought I would plug into the vast experience of the car people on here...

So my wife and I are DINKS with no real likelihood of any children coming (we are open to it, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen).

Anyhow, we've been renting for a while now and getting closer to buying and we are somewhat opposed on what to focus on, i.e. a nice spacious cool loft vs a house.

I personally don't see the real need for a house for just the 2 of us. I think a big loft (1000 to 1200 square feet) with lots of nice natural light and a nice outdoor space would fit us fine. We would need a good size storage locker and 2 parking spots and we would be laughing.

with the loft you avoid a lot of the worries and hassles that come with home ownership, roofs, snow removal, landscaping, and all the little things and improvements that need tending to...

a loft lifestyle is pretty carefree and I don't really see what you miss out on as compared to a house...but she says I don't get it (I grew up in a condo and have never lived in a house)

interested in hearing other people's thoughts and experiences in navigating this decision. All other things being equal (same neighbourhood etc) would you recommend a house or loft for dinks?
Depends on the price difference and your list of "wants".

Are you talking about purchasing the loft? If purchasing - what are typical HOA/condo monthly dues there?

How tough is it to find lofts in your desired neighborhood with two parking spaces?
Appreciate 2
Lups11824.50
King Rudi13154.00