View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 10:20 PM   #49
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 650i GC M-sport

Had an '11 750i (n63) from 50k-80k never had an issue until 80k white smoke starting coming out exhaust.. turbo was about to blow, bmw quoted me 3-10k!!! depending on turbo/turbo lines having to be changed they didn't know.. and I was 3 months out of warranty

So I traded it in for a 2014 650i (n63tu) currently have 44k got it at 36k. It has a tune and exhaust mods. Haven't had any major issues, only things are my driver seat is a little loose when I take tight corners it shifts quarter of an inch depending which way but I think there's a solution to that in this forum somewhere(bmw quoted $250 just for diagnostics). And yes my steering wheel ticks too sometimes when I turn it but that's getting meticulous if your radio is on you don't hear it at all! And the biggest issue right now is my guibo's need to be replaced which is about 1k job from the dealer but that's normal wear so..

I have to say I've had 4 bimmers and they've all been great cars to me I swear by bmw BUT my rule of thumb is buy a bmw CPO and get rid of it after it ends lol ESPECIALLY the v8 cuz engine costs are $$$$ idc what you say you can't expect a car to have no issues all the way to 80 or 100k your just gambling with time and sometimes you get lucky but when that one thing goes wrong it's not a few hundred bucks it's more like a few thousand

But I'm surprised all these members have issues I thought the n63tu was a very solid motor :
Appreciate 0