View Single Post
      06-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #1
Pathkiller
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 GC

New Forged Wheels

Bit of a story here,

A few months ago I picked up a '14 M6 GC from Mancuso Motorsports in Chicago. The images were outstanding but the car arrived with curbed wheels, which Jake said must have a product of the car being loaned out or on a test drive.

Jake said he would make it right but after several weeks of back and forth he eventually ghosted me and would not reply to texts or email.

So fuck Jake and fuck Mancuso Motorsports, buyer beware.

Either way, I needed wheels so I decided to pick up a set of Vorsteiner VFF-103's, so I placed an order from Vivid.

To their credit, they called me the next day and told me that the wheels were pending discontinuation and they couldn't fulfill the order. So I started looking at other options but couldn't find anything that didn't require spacers.

Then I started searching the forums here and found on the M5 classifieds that Auto Talent had listed a set of VFS-001's for sale new in the box for nearly $1000 less than what I was going to pay for the 103's.

The backspacing was perfect so I was all over it. Sent Golan a message and ten minutes or so later we had a deal. They shipped the wheels out apparently the same day.

I received three wheels the next week, one was probably not shipped. Here's the thing, Auto Talent is a broker of sorts. They submit the order and the manufacturer fills it.

I contacted Golan and he was all over it. I work in parts and understand that the supply chain sometimes breaks down but I have never had a vendor work so diligently to correct a problem. It was impressive and just a few days later my wheel showed up. So yeah, Auto Talent will get all of my business from now on.

From a terrible start it all kind of worked out. I got screwed on my original purchase but at least I found a great vendor and ended up with a set of forged wheels.

Now I should tell you that I didn't believe that 10-13lbs or so on each corner wouldn't make that much difference on a 4500lb car but I was wrong. Turn in is noticeably lighter and everything feels much more direct. I also kind of like the contrast with the blue.

Appreciate 1
RGB60.00