06-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #437
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Saw it on news,some thick driver of a van or truck didn't see him on that low bike and went into him..poor man it doesn't look good and with those flimsy bicycle helmets.
I won't ride my bicycle now as I used to, there are just too many bad drivers.
Good night my friend.
Greetings my MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
This is SO tragic....my wife shared this with me on the very long drive (12 hours) when returning from Sun Valley Idaho to Gig Harbor Washington; we are pulling for Alex and are so hopeful for his full recovery; I will never forget the unbelievably horrific shunt....it was just a few days after 911 and the Indy cars were at a 2 mile banked oval in Germany....Alex pitted and Indy car does not allow tire warmers....his fresh tires were cold and he spun while negotiating entering the race track and slid to a stop....sideways....a car entered turn 1 at 215 MPH and literally sheared off the race car just in front of the steering wheel....all of Alex's legs were sheared off and taken away in the impact....the Safety Team arrived and looked down in the cockpit to find blood PUMPING out of his veins....they were able to keep him from bleeding out and this began one of the most incredible recoveries in ANY sport.

We ask for healing.

Last edited by racerbruce; 06-21-2020 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 1